As spring moves into full swing, fresh fruits and vegetables become plentiful – and less expensive.
Read below for a recipe for a delicious and healthy spring salad.
Why not try an heirloom tomato, watermelon and feta cheese salad? It combines the vitamins of tomatoes, as well as the sweetness of watermelon, plus the protein and some fat of the feta cheese.
Creating a salad primarily of watermelon and tomatoes is a delicious – and healthy – way to enjoy spring’s bounty.
You will need:
- Three tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons of mixed fresh herbs (chopped)
- One tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- One-half teaspoon of Kosher salt
- Four heirloom tomatoes (cut them into chunks)
- One cup (about one inch) of red seedless watermelon (cubed)
- One cup (about one inch) of seeded yellow watermelon (cubed)
- One-quarter cup of red onion (sliced vertically)
- One-half cup of feta cheese (crumbled)
Preparation is extremely easy:
Just mix (whisk) the first four ingredients together into a large bowl. Then add the tomato, watermelon and onions and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the feta cheese,
Eat this salad in May for a taste of the summer days to come, all the while knowing you’re receiving a lot of great vitamins and fats, all at a very low caloric expense!
Whether you’re feeling great and just want to make sure you’re in good shape for spring and summer sports, or if you’ve noticed some new aches and pains and want to see what’s what in time for summer, visit the physicians at Dallas rehabilitation services Ellman Rehab Associates. Contact us at 972-682-3909 or send us an e-mail message.
Image courtesy of KEKO64/FreeDigitalPhotos.net