The 239th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence takes place on July 4 this year. America’s citizens around the country will be gathering with family and friends on the beach, in the park, at the pool, on the lake, or in the backyard to eat, drink, sunbathe, swim, sail, kayak, hike, or just nap.
Many of us will be eating BBQ on the Fourth.
Read below for a healthy BBQ recipe for your July 4 celebration: grilled chicken teriyaki
You will need the following ingredients (serves four):
- Four (4) boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- One (1) cup of teriyaki sauce
- One-quarter cup of lemon juice
- Two (2) teaspoons of fresh garlic (minced)
- Two (2) teaspoons of sesame oil
- Place the chicken, teriyaki sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and lemon juice in a large plastic bag (make sure it’s a re-sealable bag). Seal the bag and then shake it to coat the chicken, etc. inside.
- Place the still-sealed bag in the refrigerator for24 hours. Turn the bag every now and then.
- When ready to grill, preheat the grill to high heat.
- Oil the grill’s gate lightly.
- Remove the now-coated chicken from the bag (discard any marinade that may remain).
- Grill for six to eight minutes on each side, or until the chickens’ juices run clear when you pierce the bird with a fork.
Prep and grill times should be 15 minutes each (not including the 24-hour marinating time in the refrigerator).
Call Ellman Rehab Associates’ office to make sure you’re in fighting form for the Fourth. You can check your cholesterol and blood sugar levels, learn more about keeping your skin sunburn-free when you nap on the hammock, and Dr. Michael Ellman and his team can make sure that that clicking noise your knee makes when you jog is nothing to worry about. Call 972-682-3909 or contact us via an e-mail message.
Image courtesy of nongpimmy/FreeDigitalPhotos.net