Our bodies are amazing machines. We tell them to stand up, they stand up. We tell them to run, they run (albeit really slowly for some of us….).
Yet just like machines made of metal, sometimes our parts don’t work as well as they should.
Unlike man-made machines, which often break down quickly and obviously, our bodies can develop chronic (persistent or protracted) conditions over time. We may not notice them for what they are right away (“I just overdid it yesterday”); or they may signal their presence quickly.
Ellman Rehab Associates provides rehabilitative care for cervical (neck) conditions in Dallas such as:
- Herniated Disc (Cervical) a condition that occurs when the spinal discs in your neck area bulge or break open.
- Cervical Radiculopathy pain and neurological symptoms that have come about as a result of an irritated nerve in the neck part of spine (cervical).
- Spinal Stenosis an abnormal narrowing (stenosis) of the spinal canal. It can occur at any place along the spine.
- Post Laminectomy Syndrome which is persistent back pain following back surgery.
- Scoliosis is an abnormal curving of the spine. It’s a very common condition.
- Whiplash (CAD Syndrome) occurs when a quick, jerking motion forces the neck to move beyond its normal range of motion. Whiplash usually occurs during contact sports and falls. CAD stands for Cervical Acceleration/Deceleration.
- Degenerative Disc Disease is one of the most common cause of low-back and neck pain and comes about as a result of a degenerated spinal disc.
- Facet Joint Syndrome occurs when the facet joints – the connections between the spine and joints – become swollen and painful due to arthritis or injury.
Click on one of the links above to be taken to a separate page that explains the causes and treatment of these conditions in detail. You also may watch a short video explaining each condition.